Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jonah Tote Bag (belated birthday gift)


In December, Jonah turned 4 years old.  We celebrated his birthday as a family, but because of moving and Christmas and New Year...we didn't end up having his actual birthday party until last week.  And yet, still somehow, I didn't manage to finish his gift in time!!  My goodness.  Finally yesterday I sat down at my sewing machine, and about an hour later, DONE.  I already had the little slate (found it while we were moving -- gotta love "brand new/found" items!), and the fabric was from my stash, so the gift ended up costing me a total of about $0.58 cents -- the cost of the box of chalk.  LOVE it when things work out like that!!

Tote bag birthday gift for Jonah

I just used a Sharpie to write his name on the bag instead of taking the time to embroider it -- I really didn't need yet another reason to procrastinate!

Tote bag birthday gift for Jonah

Inside there's room for the slate and a little pocket for the chalk.  On the outside, the "Jonah" pocket is just the right size for a small stuffed animal.

Tote bag birthday gift for Jonah

Tote bag birthday gift for Jonah

Tote bag birthday gift for Jonah

No comments: