Saturday, October 29, 2011

Photo Booth


Way back at the beginning of August, my friend Alicia had a birthday party.  I had been wanting to make a photo booth setup ever since I saw this tutorial/free printables over at Oh Happy Day (also some fun ideas at Givers Log!), so I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to create one.

I made the props by printing them out on computer paper, using spray adhesive to stick them to cardstock, then cutting them out and hot-gluing a thin dowel to the back of each (making sure to alternate sides so that it would be easier to hold multiple props!)  Alicia's children threw in some extra props they had on hand (plastic helmut, swords, wigs, etc.)  The speech bubbles were made out of black cardstock with black chalkboard contact paper stuck to it.  Easy!  All of the cutting was a little tedious, but for a party of that size, it was completely worth it for all of the combinations and characters we were able to create.

The backdrop was created by tying various colors of purple and blue crepe paper streamers to a rope (550 cord, to be exact, for all of those Army guys out there).  Alicia's girls helped me with this part. We then strung our streamer/backdrop across a bookshelf.

All of the photos were shot by our friend Jason, and edited for that "old-time photo booth" feel in iPhoto by our friend Alison.

It was a super fun addition to the party, and I have no idea why it's taken me this long to blog about it!  For smaller parties at my house, I'd love to set up a simpler version of this in my dining room with "photo frames" and speech bubbles.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the party (sorry these are all a little small -- we had some technical stop-start action when transferring files):

Yoder Photobooth
Chris and Becca

Yoder Photobooth
Josh and Angela

Yoder Photobooth
"F" and Andrew

Yoder Photobooth
Greg and I (wow, it's hard for me to be serious)

Yoder Photobooth


Yoder Photobooth
Me, Jenny, Becca

Yoder Photobooth
Mike and "A"

Yoder Photobooth
Josh and Alison

Yoder Photobooth
Alicia and Jason (the birthday girl/our hosts)

I loved capturing memories of my friends at party this way!

No comments: