Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Random Tuesday

1)  This morning at the Dr's office, I entertained Lavella and Jonah with Hand Balloons while we waited (there's always so much waiting at a Dr visit!)


 


2)  Lavella decided that she could not see her drawing unless she was wearing these sunglasses.


 



 


3)  I finished a shawl (if you care about such things, there are more pictures and details about the pattern, etc. on my crafty blog).  It's a German pattern that has been passed down from knitter to knitter, and no one knows who originally came up with it, which I thought was kind of cool.  Also, the pattern is called "Josephine", which I thought was sort of funny as well, since that's my mom's name.  (Although this one is for me.  Sorry mom.  You told me to Only Knit Socks for you, so I'm keeping this to myself.)  :-)


 


4)  I was organizing pictures on our computer and came across this precious video of Jonah, singing a song that my mom taught me when I was a baby (Open Shut Them).




5)  Recently, I've asked Greg to video some of the songs that I've been singing at our church so that I can critique myself, and also share with family, etc. I have always considered recording professionally, but I wanted to have children first and then there's the MINOR problem that I am hopeless at writing my own material...maybe if I could find someone to write for me. Or miraculously could start to write really awesome music. But that would be a long shot. Anyway, here is my favorite video so far. The rest are organized into a playlist on our YouTube channel.



For the rest of the videos of our church band, you can click through to the playlist.

So tell me, dear reader: what 2 or 3 random things can you share with us in the comments today?

2 comments:

Rebekah Hoover said...

Ooo, glad you posted. I will be taking both Jacob and Emma Grace to the doctors for shots soon and was dreading trying to manage them together at the office. Great idea!!

Rebekah Hoover said...

Ooo, glad you posted. I will be taking both Jacob and Emma Grace to the doctors for shots soon and was dreading trying to manage them together at the office. Great idea!!