Monday, February 28, 2011

You don't always get what you want

Well.  Today I had intended on getting some sewing projects done (or even just started), but it seems that I never even made it into the studio.  However, I've got a pot of White Bean Soup (with spinach and a rosemary ham-bone broth), 2 rosemary-butter baguettes in the oven, a big bowl of crunchy kale chips on the counter.

 

Kale tossed with a bit of olive oil and sea salt in the oven (please excuse the seasoned baking stone in the bottom of the shot)

 

Crispy Kale Chips, with a little smoked paprika.  It's yummy in a very green way (think oven-roasted-broccoli), and I'm not sure the children will eat it...unless I pulverize it and sprinkle it over some buttered popcorn...

 
And I went food shopping.  So that's something.  (Sometimes I've just got to write it all out to even see where the day went.  There were also a few moments spent with some Super Blue Eyeshadow...)

Right now the children are playing peacefully together....

 

Playing "cats", eating their pretzels out of bowls set on the floor


The studio will still be there tomorrow, and the next...and the next.  But for today, I am content.  It's been a great day.

No comments: