Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lavella's new haircut, and a list of all the things that I should be doing instead of blogging

Things I should be doing:

  • Tidying my studio
  • Completing several sewing projects in afore-mentioned studio (which I cannot do until it is tidy)
  • Scrub both of my bathrooms
  • Sweep and mop the kitchen floor
  • Vacuum house
  • Decide what I'm making for dinner
  • Prep dinner so that I won't have so much to do in the afternoon after my boys are home from school

Things that I AM doing:
  • Blogging
  • Trying to figure out what exactly happened in the season finale of LOST, and if the producers actually intended for there to be holes all through the logic of the storyline, supernatural or not
  • Reading to Daisy (at least this is productive)
  • Doing laundry (also productive)
  • Dishes (hey!  I'm being productive!!)


Discouragingly, even if I wanted to procrastinate from all of this by knitting, I've hit a wall there:


 


After finishing the body and one of the arms of Estelle, I attached the final skein of yarn...only to realize...

 


Yes, the LAST SKEIN doesn't match the other in the least.  Love it when that happens.  So.  I need to rip the one completed arm out and then re-knit both arms at once, alternating between "good" and "bad" skeins.  BLAH.  I'm tempted to throw it in a stash box and forget about it for a while, but I'm soooo close to finishing it... (and no, it was waaay too long ago that I purchased this from Loopy Ewe to see if they have another of the specified dyelot, and anyway I don't feel like trying that hard.  I just want to complain.)

Oh wait -- the rest of you don't obsess about wool in 90+ weather?  WELL NEVERMIND THEN.

On a brighter note, this is what I did with that little songbird embroidery piece:

 


This pattern, once again, is from the book Doodle Stitching (from the Songbird Wristlett pattern).

 


The pillow pattern itself is sort of a spin-off from the Embroidery Lady one I did from Handmade Home.  I love how cute they look together!

 


Once again, Amy Butler fabric mixed with a bright red vintage scraps.

 



Lastly, here's the haircut that I gave Lavella two days ago:

 



 



 

Before Tuesday, she had only had her hair trimmed once -- just to clean up the back a bit as her baby hair was growing in.  Since then, I haven't wanted to touch it with scissors, because the ringlets are just so cute!  It was getting rather wispy at the ends though, and the only way it looked presentable was when it was up in a ponytail or other up-do, so I decided to just go for it.  I'm happy with the way it turned out, and she seems to be too.  Love the bouncy little bob!

OK, I think I'm done procrastinating now.  Back to my to-do list for the day!

No comments: