Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Communion

Our church had a "silent" Christmas Communion last Friday. I'm in the band now, so I sang for several of the songs, and the children participated in a sign language performance of "Silent Night". It was a little tough to have all of the children in the program, especially during the silent moments (the babies -- all 20 of them -- suddenly got SUPER bored, and made their own fun!), but overall it was beautiful, and completely worth the effort. Even if I was juggling Jonah in the back of the room for most of it.

I must also note: Lavella not only "lost" her little pink shoes just before walking out the door, and had to wear her big shiny red boots, but she also missplaced her coat...and arrived at the event in a pink-and-green polk-a-dot raincoat. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Thankfully, at least the raincoat wasn't needed during the actual performance.

Also: I have no idea what's up with Elijah's red hat. Apparently it was Very Important. I try to choose my battles.





Here are the children, practicing just before it all started:



And then the actual performance (Lavella is off camera -- she was so distracted by the band that she spent the entirety of the song standing behind someone, facing the stage, mouth agape.)




Come Thou Long Expected Jesus:




O Holy Night:







Merry Christmas to you all!

1 comment:

a.susie said...

Awesome! I wanna come to your church!