Monday, July 13, 2009

Army Semi-Formal

On Saturday, Greg's batallion had a semi-formal dinner event. There were seats available, so Pete, Jill and Keith were able to go with us as well. Greg's band played their farewell performance (everyone is PCS-ing -- moving on to the next post), and I jumped in for a guest appearance on one of their last songs "I Love Rock 'n Roll". It was fun.












People like to tell me that they'd never be "patient enough" to learn to knit. In all seriousness, there is no way that I can be a patient person without it!! During the super-boring formal portion of the night, knitting this sock was my saving grace.



It's all about survival, my friends.

Greg's band "12 Lead":




The hot guitarist:








This couple got engaged during the set (the guy proposed in between songs -- not sure the girl was sober enough to remember it all the next day, but...)




Listening to Greg's band play:




My dear Jillian:




With the lead singer Woywood's wife, and Anna:




"Needs No Caption":




Jill jumped onto the dance floor at the end:




Overall, not a bad night for mandatory fun.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

is greg's dad wearing a leather vest?

The Kansas City Hoovers said...

Greg's outfits never disappoint!