Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lavella's day (and yet another milestone for the little guy!)

Pictures from Lavella's birthday yesterday:

Opening boxes from Aunt Terry.



Eating Twizzlers (always included in Aunt Terry boxes!) In this photo you can see a pizza peel for me (!!!!), and a stroller for Lavella. Thank you Aunt Terry, we love our gifts!!!






Lavella's cake was a very simple, quickly put together skillet cake from....Baking: From My Home to Yours (are you sick of that title yet? Then BUY IT! NOW.)

Swedish Visiting Cake

The best birthday face ever.


Here's what happened:


Once the candles were blown out, her world was set all to rights again. Who knew that lighting the candles would threaten to ruin her life?

"Yay cake!"

We tailored the day around her, to include all of us lying in the middle of the living room floor, building with blocks, cuddling on the couch to read some books (well, she walked around with her own book, "reading" to us while I read to the boys), and talking to family with the webcam on Skype.

In other news, this little dude turned 4 months old today:

(Photo by Andrew)

I know, I can't believe it either.

I'm making it an effort to cherish every moment with this guy; every cuddle, every kiss. I know from my other little ones that time, especially with children, flies, and I need to make these moments count. Every stage is precious.

And last but not least, here is a building that the boys made. They wanted Greg to see it. I'm just amused by their expressions behind the blocks:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Good Buddies:

I'm glad you're enjoying the wooden blocks Uncle Keith made for you. What a cool castle!

Nana

a.susie said...

That is without argument the best birthday face ever. Whenever I need a smile I will be glancing back at that pitiful little face!

Mom2Zoey said...

That is a post of hilarious faces!

Mom2Zoey said...

That is a post of hilarious faces!