Sunday, January 04, 2009

Love

Today, I was going to write a post about how we drove Greg to the airport yesterday.  About how we completed the trip in near total silence because there was simply nothing to say, or we couldn't trust our voices to say it.  I was going to try to explain what it felt like to kiss his lips that one last time as we stood on the cold curb of the airport, and the void that opened up in my heart as we drove away.  But in 4-6 months, we'll be together again, and today is a day for looking forward.  No matter how much I would like to curl up in bed and sleep until he returns, life must be lived, children must be cared for.  Putting one foot in front of the other, I will not waste precious time with my children, even though my husband is not here to share it with me.  The fact that I have a husband who loves me, and who misses being here as much as we miss him, is something to be thankful for, and I don't take that for granted in the least.

Tempers have been a bit shorter, and the need for hugs greater, but today day has also been filled with paper airplanes, hot chocolate, cuddling on the couch with books, naptimes, knitting, and baby kisses.


Cardigan for Jonah

 


A belated "surprise" Christmas gift from Jonathan (selected from my Amazon wish list).



Where there is love, there will also always, at some point, be pain.  And I am glad that I have a love worth hurting for.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

6 comments:

The Kansas City Hoovers said...

You are an amazingly strong woman. My prayers go out to you!!!! Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

That makes me hurt for you guys. I don't know how you do it.

Anonymous said...

Not enough is reported about what it's like for the women (wives and mothers) who serve on the home front while their husbands are "out in the field" for weeks or deployed for months and years. It's a huge sacrifice every single day.

You've known it from the beginning: two months after you were married Greg was gone for six months, then three months when you were pregnant with Andrew and now 15 months! That's a total of two years in the eight years you will have been married next July. Tack on the number of weeks he's been gone for training and you could have another six months or more, which makes almost three out of eight!

Faith, you are incredible! You've kept the household going, the children cared for and happy and managed to keep yourself from caving in when it feels like you could at any given moment. You're a survivor. You have remained strong in the Lord. He has sustained you. You deserve a medal of honor.

Keep pressing into Him with prayer and praise. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Phil. 4:13). You certainly have lived up to your name--full of faith.

We love and appreciate you!

Jill

Mom2Zoey said...

I got choaked up reading that! It is awesome to have a love like that!

Anonymous said...

Humm... beautifully put...

Anonymous said...

Hay Faith I turned your blog into a musical, really I sang it all out to mommy and Grace (and Ike)


-LOVE RACHEL