Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Look who's here!

On Sunday the children and I cleaned the house, and after I put them in bed I packed bags with library books, snacks, re-stocked the diaper bag (with a small pull-out essentials bag), and set my alarm to 7AM.

There was also some Cereal Box Hat Dancing going on.




Monday morning, we left the house at 8:15AM and headed for Frankfurt airport to pick up my mom and Rachel from the airport. Thanks to my trusty GPS, we made it there without incident, and then on the way back home, stopped at my favorite Indian food restaurant for a fantastic lunch.

We're so glad to have them here!





Jonah has started smiling! Here, he's grinning in his sleep, but he's actually been looking straight into my eyes (or my mom's, or whoever's holding him), and then breaking out in a huge, toothless grin. It's so precious.





Oh, and here are some pirates.





Although they're very cute, they look just a little bit mean.





You've got to be careful with pirates.

3 comments:

The Kansas City Hoovers said...

I'm so glad that your mom and Rachel are there. It is always nice to have family/friends come visit. Jonah is so adorable and your pirates deffinetly look intimmidating :p

Mom2Zoey said...

Those are adorable pictures! Jonah is gorgeous! I'm so glad your mom came to spend some time.

Anonymous said...

That little pirate with the green-ish colored bandana is just too cute for words!