Tuesday, November 11, 2008

All of the food

Jonathan left today, and while we were sad to see him go, we are excited that he will be back here in two weeks for Thanksgiving.  Interestingly, I slept like a rock every night he was here.  Although I haven't been fearful since Greg left, always in the back of my mind is the fact that I am utterly responsible for myself and the little people, come what may.  I guess that just knowing he was in the next room must have been even more reassuring than I'd imagined, allowing me to sleep deeper and longer than I have since Greg deployed.

In my family, a big part of being together is cooking and eating together.  Here is some of the food we made while he was here (not included in the pictures are some delicious tacos Jonathan made, Beer Bread, and the ubiquitous Honey Whole Wheat bread):


Date Nut Muffins


Cinnamon Rolls (using this recipe from Bon Appetit)


Granola (my own recipe -- I'll have to post it sometime soon)


Greens and Beans Tortellini Soup


Handmade pasta (Basic Pasta Dough recipe by Mario Batali) with tender baby peas, sun-dried tomatoes and carmelized onions (also my recipe, I'll post in the future)

Aparently he was trying to cut back on carbs a little.  I'm not entirely sure that I helped all that much.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that Jonathan is so close to you and came to see you right away. How exciting!
Where is he stationed?

Jill