Tuesday, December 19, 2006

We're still alive!

Hi everyone! Terribly sorry for the long pause in blogging. (Alicia, I meant to write back to you, but it kept slipping my mind!) I've been crazy busy with Christmas gifts, etc. (Check my fiber arts blog if you're curious -- my family has already opened all of the gifts, so there's no possibility of spoiled surprises at this point.)

We've been to a Christmas market in Trier, a Renaissance festival/Christmas market at the castle in Burg Lichtenberg, Hannah flew in on Saturday and Jom will follow in a few days. I've knit a hat in two days, a pair of socks in three, created several tiny scrapbooks, done digital layouts, and stayed up until 2 in the morning wrapping gifts at least once.

We put up our Christmas tree, bought our very first set of ornaments, and I'm making an unusual tree skirt (sewn, not knit) which I'll post at the fiber arts blog in a few days. Hannah and I are still working on a garland that may or may not be done in time for Christmas.

Hannah and I will be spending the next few days baking like crazy to create gourmet cookie plates for the neighbors and for the Christmas Eve party we'll be attending.

If you just got our Christmas card and the return label says something about GA, please email me and I'll send you the new one. That was a mistake that made Greg oh so happy. ('Twas my fault, but I'm pretty sure it's not the end of the world)

We have tons of pictures from all of the above, and I'll post again when I can.

In the next hour or so my latest episode of my podcast will be up. If you want to hear the most adorable remix of Jingle Bells (courtesy of Andrew and Elijah), fast forward to somewhere around minute 45. (You don't need an iPod or anything else special to listen to a podcast -- just click "listen", and you can listen straight from your computer.)

Much love to all of you, and I hope that everyone is having a wonderful time preparing for the holiday.

1 comment:

Mom2Zoey said...

Glad to hear everything is ok! I can't wait to go listen to Jingle Bells. Oh, the cookies sound great! Yum! ~A