Saturday, January 28, 2006

A life more simple

Yesterday morning I woke up at 5:30 to the sound of Andrew, coughing violently. As it turns out, it was also Elijah. Not sure where they got it from, but now they have fevers too. Anyway, Greg was at work, of course, and I had to get out of the house, so we went to the grocery store, which is right down the street. As soon as I put the little guys in the "car cart", there were smiles all around, and people kept stopping to say hello. This may have been why:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Do ya think?

Since moving here, I've slowed down with my posting. To those of you who have sent me emails, I apologize that I'm terrible with timely responses. I am trying to catch up, and will get back to you (Alicia!!) as soon as possible.

Here is a slice of our lives since moving to GA in the first week of October.

The first Sunday we were here, we started going to this big church near us (well, big for NY state -- about 500 people).

Within two weeks, I was leading the worship for Wednesday nights.

Soon after, I was asked to be on the worship team on Sunday mornings as a vocalist, and Greg started running sound for their second Sunday service.

A few weeks after that, I was asked to direct the music (and choose the songs) for the Christmas play, and Greg was asked to volunteer as sound guy.

I started a moms of preschoolers/babies group (not MOPS, but same idea, just independant), and we meet at least twice a week for playgroup and Bible study.

Since getting back from Christmas vacation, I've joined a gym with two of my friends, and we work out almost every morning. Free childcare, and we're all getting back into shape!

Also, besides knitting (of course for all the Christmas gifts this year!) and crocheting, which I've mentioned before, I've also taken up spinning and dying my own yarn. Don't believe me? Check here. Yes, I'm obsessed, but it's amazing.

I'm going to try to post more (although I didn't make any New Year's resolutions!!), but since I've been neglecting this blog so much, I just wanted to let you all know why. Our lives are great, but busy! We love what we're doing, and it would be so cool if we had more hours in the day to get even more of everything done. We say "no" to suggested obligations all the time, so imagine how much more could have been on this list! This, believe it or not, is our simplified life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Darling babies!
It looks like Andrew costs $79.99. :)
Your life sounds busy, to say the least, so I do not begrudge you the paucity of blog postings.
I, on the other hand, don't have an excuse.

Mom2Zoey said...

it is wonderful to hear you are all doing great! the boys are adorable. your new church sounds wonderful and it is great you have gotten so involved. I have been doing a lot with my church too. I'm teaching the kindergarden sunday school class, volunteering once a month to work with the 3rd graders in an education program and going to a couples Bible study every thursday night. It feels so good to be busy doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith
I'm so glad you are doing well down in Georgia! You look great and the boys look unbelievably adorable. I figured since you said you were behind in emails, this was a good way to let you know that I miss you very much. I can't believe it's my last semester at Bing already. Anyway, I'm looking into physical therapy grad school for the summer, and I'll see what God has in store for me next. Take care and hope to see you soon!