Monday, November 07, 2005

news flash

Hey everyone, I don't have much time to write today, but I must give you the latest update on our little family. Friday, Greg called me from work to let me know that we got the spot in Germany. We'll be moving there probably in the summer. I'm a little sad because it's so far away, but really excited at the same time, because how often does someone get to just up and move to another country for a little while? We probably won't be there very long (maybe just a year, maybe more), but I'm going to try to learn German before we go. Does anyone know of a good home study language program?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Germany??? You're right - that is too far away! I already miss you and the little guys way too much =(
Ok...enough of my complaining...I really hope you are doing well in Georgia. Take lots of pictures please!!

Mom2Zoey said...

Wow! That is exciting! I'm no good at foreign languages so I can't help but I'm sure you will pick it up quick. ~A

Sarah said...

!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What an opportunity. I used to work with a woman who spent a number of years in Germany (her husband was in the army). She and her kids loved it there.

As for learning German, what about a telecourse from a community college? That way you can do everything online, but you'll also have an actual teacher you can get in touch with.

Anonymous said...

Faith, That is awsome you are going to Germany. Where in Germany are you going? I didnt take any German lesson or anything before we went and I came back speaking German very well. You will pick it up easy, being around it every day makes it alot easier to learn. The only suggestion I have is trying to find a drivers licence test book and study that before you go. Good luck!
Megan