Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Slinger


Slinger
Originally uploaded by faithdarling.
Andrew sees me carry Elijah around all day in the sling, so the other day he decided he'd try it out. After looping it around him and making "baby fussing noises" for a little while, I took pity on him, and loaded him in it in the "toddler hip carry". (There's all kinds of ways to carry your baby in this thing.) This was so amazing to him that he wanted to stay in it forever. Of course I had to unload him after a little while, which was a very sad moment for him. To make things All Better, I put the sling on HIM with his stuffed horse in the pouch. After I'd cinched it all up, he was thrilled beyond all telling, and this cheesy grin was frozen on his face for a good while.

Today Andrew, Elijah and I went for our First Walk. I was pulling my stomach in to excercise the transverse muscle for the whole 40 minutes, which will eventually lead to a flat stomach.

I never quite got my stomach back after Andrew, but I am determined to do it this time! I'm sick of not being able to wear any nice shirts on account of the bulge.

I've bought this book called Loose Your Mummy Tummy, and the techniques in there are solid. I also bought a tummy splint, which holds the muscles together when I do things like lift either baby, stand up from sitting, or whatever. It also reminds me to pull my stomach in on my own anytime that I think of it.

I will get back in shape again if it kills me. Here's to (middle of the year) resoloutions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The belly has been my biggest issue too. I hate it! Let me know some good techniques I can work on. ~A

Alicia said...

The belly has been my biggest issue too. I hate it! Let me know some good techniques I can work on. ~A