Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A bloggin fiend

I've succumbed to the cyber pressure and have created my very own knitting blog...or crochet...or whatever else I'm working on at the moment. Everyone else is doing it. If you're even remotely interested, you can click here to check it out.

The "firsts" of today:
1) My first day home alone with my babies. Grace or Joy has been with me since Elijah was born, so it's been a day of challenges. We went grocery shopping, and then I nursed Elijah while putting away the perishables and made and ate lunch with Andrew. Multi tasking at it's best!

2) While I was preparing lunch, Andrew let himself out the front door. Not a good first, but I'm glad that I saw it happen! The front door is always dead bolted now, because that's a bit trickier to undo, and a few inches higher. Should hold him off another day or so.

Normally at this time I'd be taking a nap, since it's Andrew's naptime, but there's no one to handle Elijah, and he's decided to be Mr. Ultimate Fussy Guy, so I've got him in the sling and am bouncing on my exercise ball while I type. This seems to have finally calmed down him down a bit. I shall go now and see if he'll sleep so I can too.

Once naptime is over, I have to make carrot cupcakes (my Aunt Terry's recipe with the cream cheese/coconut frosting!) and get myself and the little guys ready for a dinner tonight that Greg's batallion is having. That's in two-and-a-half hours, so I have no idea how I'm going to get it all done, but I will make an effort.

No comments: